Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Early Impressions

What I think of a few UConn players so far this year...

Neils Giffey -
Woah, woah, woah..he's white? I guess just cause his last name sounded like Ken Griffey's I figured he was black. I should have given a little more weight to Giffey being from Germany. Anyway, he's no star but he's shown he is a scraper and if he gets his shot down he could be a real threat. Expect Giffey to go by "The CT Nowitzki" in no time. OR he could be Ben Eaves 2.0...

Tyler Olander -
While were on the topic of goofy white fellas, let's get to The Pride of Storrs, CT...Tyler Olander. Sure I'm startled by his initials being T.O., but I like him and moreover no kid from Storrs has gotten as much playing time as Olander since the Jeff Calhoun era. Think he's getting TV time now? Just wait til he starts doing ProActiv commercials...

Shabazz Napier -
Did I spell that right? Anyway, I look forward to a lot of this kid. He has star quality and probably also has every pussy in the greater Mansfield area just dripping wet. Good for you, Shabazz...

Kenna Walker -
I'm sorry, who are you and where did this fellow who has taken over your body come from??

Jeremy Lamb -
"I Love Lamb!" t-shirts with the face of Brick Tamland coming soon. Pre-order at uconn77duke74@gmail.com.

Roscoe Smith -
Thus far you are a disappointment to me. Ever notice Jimmy C's best players aren't his McDonalds All-Americans? The Okafors, Butlers, and Gordons of the world weren't hotly recruited but Jimmy made them, and many others, into top NBA draft picks. Roscoe...you sir, have work to do.

Alex Oriakhi - He is one of a few things... 1) Kevin Freeman with more size/athleticism. 2) a literate Johnnie Selvie. 3) Jeff Adrien with coordination.

I am rooting for #1, however, none of those are an insult.

No comments:

Post a Comment