Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jonathan Mandeldove Out

Jonathan Mandeldove will not play in the first semester, as reported by the Hartford Courant's Mike Anthony. I have been waiting for some kind of 'Dove news to share an entertaining evening I had with him a few months ago.

I was with some friends "paying the electric bill" at one of Tolland's finest establishments. We were sitting at the stage when 'Dove came wandering over and sat next to me.

People say he has a great sense of humor, so I decided to have some fun with him. We talked for a bit and then I started throwing dollars on the stage in front of him. When my first dollar missed and fell to the floor I shouted, "Look Dove! My jump shot is just as bad as yours!"

We offered to get some thoroughly vetted talent to help ease the pain of what Stone Mountain's finest had been reduced to, but he refused and sought out someone more to his liking. I told him to have fun back there, and if she choked to death it was her own fault.

When he came back I had some fun asking dancers, "Hey, do you know who this is?" When they said no I would just laugh and tell them, "Neither does anyone else!"

I suppose I might have been a bit harsh on 'Dove, but he took it in stride. I guess when you spend three years at UConn getting eviscerated by Jimmy Calhoun there isn't much I can say to upset you. Thankfully I was smart enough not to bring up our blog and the old JMFSSW

Good luck 'Dove, too bad you fattened up from the delectable Blue Buffett. Those pretzels and chips are irrrresistable!

No comments:

Post a Comment