Wednesday, December 9, 2009

UConn/Kentucky Live Blog - "The John Wall Show"

9:37 - Normally I think Dicky V is more excited for a game like this than anyone else. But ESPN just showed John Wall in lay-up line and, honestly, I came in my pants a little bit.

9:38 - By the way...there is NO WAY UConn wins tonight. NO WAY. But for those of you who follow Vegas action, the line opened as UKY-1 and immediately moved to UConn-1.5. Something fishy is going on here - the smart money is confident UConn can win tonight.

9:42 - UKY 4, UConn 0.
Here is my last chance to embarrass John Wall tonight, compliments of Miami's DeQuan Jones (from when they were both in high school), cause UKY is about to RUN AWAY.



9:45 - A quick 2 on the Chuckwagon. He's only averaging 1.5 fouls per minute. Really...

9:49 - UKY12, UConn0 - John Wall, 6 pts, 3 steals. Who's better than advertised - John Wall or my Twitter recommendation to bet on UKY?

9:53 - UConn scores. After 5 mins of game time the UConn fans can finally step down and stop clapping.

9:54 - Dan Shulman "from the day he (Calipari) was named head coach he was out in the community." And unlike Rick Pitino he wasn't raping cougs!

9:58 - Donnell Beverly! and its a 10-0 Uconn run to make it 12-10.

9:59 - Oriakhi dunk! That's a man's move! Ohhhh yeahhhhh!

10:07 - See, here's why I hate Chris Berman. Every time the UKY kid Bledsoe's name gets said, in my mind I say "much he had a contusion!" God damn you Chris Berman!

10:13 - Holy Fouls, Batman! John Wall and seemingly the rest of the UKY starting five have 2 fouls/each. Uconn up one, this just got ver-weee intervesting...

10:19 - Terrible shot by Bledso "terrible" jon and I agree. Gavin throws the outlet pass outta bounds. "More terrible" we agree.

10:22 - Dicky V says Patterson played in HS with OJ Mayo. How did Patterson ever make it to UKY after only touching the ball 2times a game alongside Mayo?

10:31- Technical Difficulties brought to you by the worldwide leader in sports, ESPN...AWESOME! At the half, UConn29, UKY23

10:32 - Despite the first 5 minutes of the game, UKY is shooting 29%. That's Duke and UKY who UConn have held below 30%. While our shooting might suck, is it possible we play REALLY good defense?

10:50 - I'm not sure what has more technical difficulties: this broadcast or me when I'm fucking...

10:51 -This broadcast is more erratic than Tiger's penis.

10:51 - That's FOUR on the Chuckwagon in about 4 minutes of game time! geez....

10:54 - Orton just manhandled Oriakhi - did not think I would ever see that

11:00 - Jon points out, and Dicky V confirms, that with 15 mins left in the game no one has made a 3.

11:01- great challenge by Jamal on the break. Trice is nice!
Having said that, the kid has only 2 points this year and when you have to play him at the point you are toooo thin at a position.

11:05- and with 13mins to play Dyson knocks down the first three of the game.

11:06 - Cousins just ABUSED Oriakhi in the post. Just amazing. Unbelievable.

11:08 - with 11:30 left to play, this is about to be a really good game. I'm psyched! This will certainly prove to be our downfall.

11:12 - I realize these blogs are much funnier when I do them from the games. This isn't even fun..

11:13 - Schulman "patterson is down!" Todd: "good, I hope you're broken!"

11:15 - Dicky V says...11:17, so, I typed that and looked away and now I forgot what I was going to say

11:19 - Jerome Dyson gets stuffed by the rim while doing his best impression of me trying to dunk on an 8 foot hoop after a long night of drinking.

11:29 - I'm apoplectic right now. This game is crazy - I have nothing to say, but it's been ten minutes. Luckily, my live blog of Jersey Shore, episode 2, for PertinentMatters will be ACTION PACKED tomorrow. Includes live fantasy scoring. I need a big week out of J-WoWW and Angelina "Jolie" after getting run by DJ Paulie D and "Snooki" last week.

11:34 - OH! OH! I just remembered what I was going to say at 11:15! Dicky V says Mike Francesa is in the building...that is "yooge" for this game

11:37 - Bledsoe fouls out. Despite being down 2, I am CONFIDENT we can win this game if we shoot 80% the next 2:20.

11:39 - UConn forces the shot-clock violation. Turns out we might just be really good on D.

11:40 - Kemba with a huge shot to take a 1 pt lead. I'm Tiger Pumping in the living room! No, not that kind of Tiger Pump!

11:43 - For the record, I LOVED Jimmy putting Stanley on John Wall the last two possessions. You can't do anything about that shot. John Wall is just that fucking good. He is really fucking good.

11:49 - FUCKING CUNT!

No comments:

Post a Comment