Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cincy

That little Mick has quite a squad this year. Granted I just watched them beat up on an overrated Maryland team (but then again, what ACC team isn't overrated?), but this is a team which is SO much better than anticipated.

Deonta Vaughan is a real talent, and this year he actually has players around him. Sophomore Yancy Gates is really good. I didn't even remember him from last year. And freshman Lance Stephenson is going to get better every game - I thought he was a scatterbrained kid last year at Lincoln, but he can be really good. I am pleasantly surprised. Gates/Stephenson have a chance to be the best forward combo in the Big East by year's end (I'm sure I just forgot someone), and a real force if they both stay in school next year.

As a team I'm not sure how deep they are, but we'll see. Definitely talented.

That will be all, I just wanted to call them out as being really good so I can recall this post all year. Damn I know basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment