Friday, November 27, 2009

UConn/Duke Part 9 - The Live Blog

4:30 - Geez, I feel like shit. I got tested for Swine Flu on Wednesday, and they said I don't have it, but they are liars. That means this will be the first Live Blog where I'm not intoxicated. Let's see if the delirium from whatever flu I have makes up for my normal alcohol related punchiness. Should be interesting...

On another note, how 'bout the Tiger Woods car crash, huh? Geez, Tiger, you don't have to emulate Hogan in every way. How was alcohol not related at almost 3am on Thanksgiving - Is Tiger really that good of a person?

5:00 - I HATE Duke. Hate, Hate, Hate them. That said, I don't see how they can lose this game today. UConn looked wayyyy better than they really are against an undermanned LSU team. I mean, LSU had to play a white guy...with red hair! This is supposed to be big time college basketball, for christsakes!

The big question: What are the odds Stanley shows up for two consecutive games?

5:10 - Dicky V says there is a tentative agreement between UConn and Calhoun for a five year extension. I'm glad to hear that, but it's hard to imagine anyone would want to work for Jeff Hathaway. The big donors hate Hathaway but love Calhoun and Auriemma. Hathaway basically only speaks to Edsall as he is normally too busy tounging President Hogan's balls.

5:15 - Ryan Pierro is sitting directly behind the UConn bench - who the, how the, what the fuck!?! Lots of face time in the early going...he will corner people in bars and tell this story for years to come.

5:18 - Stanley with a fancy flush to put UConn up 16-14. Dick Vitale loses his mind, possibly has a brain aneurysm.

5:37 - The Chuckwagon...With the Follow!

5:38 - Singler picks up his third. Plumlee just got his third as well. Hey, Coach K, didn't Calhoun teach you a lesson about keeping players with two fouls in the first half on the bench? Tisk, tisk...

5:43 - Brian Zoubek is such a chode

5:45 - Is it bad that Jimmy just got T'd up and I don't care? The man can do no wrong in my eyes.

5:54 - Well that sucked - At the half, Duke 37 UConn 28

6:10 - Vitale just compared Plumlee to "the great shot blockers...the Bill Russell's, the David Robinson's..." wow - easy does it, Dicky.


6:30 - Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment