Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Halftime is a Slowtime

I got no juice for a Live Blog tonite - largely because my last one inadvertently got me in some trouble and elicited a worried text message from one friend on Monday, and moreover because they haven't been funny of late. Sure, I hit it out of the park with my Live Blog from the UConn/Colgate game, but if I'm not there it aint good. Don't worry, friends, I'll be sitting in what have been described as "Spike Lee seats" for the UConn/Pitt game so you will be able to watch me on TV while you read me lighting this blog on fire. I'm a master of all mediums... Until UConn/Pitt, you'll have to survive on this exchange of texts my life coach, Drew Joy, and I just had during the half (he is at the game, I am on my couch).

Drew: I'm confident that we could put a group of sal's placers together we could put a better dance together than the dance team. Looks like dupuis out there...

Todd: It's terrible. Problem is, u put me out there with some James Brown on and they can't play the second half cause the floorboards are literally torn up

Drew: I'd also like to see a blog about how once uconn stopped wearing team shoes their discipline declined drastically [poetry professors got wet over that alliteration]. I have personal experience w/ this if ncesary.

Todd: Hmmmmm I dont think that's true- they won first championship the same year Rip was wearing those sweet Pennys back in 1998-99. No shoes have ever said look at me like those

Drew: True. True. Personally I would probably cut up that sticky rug they step on on the sidelines

Todd: Haha. With all your fingering the whole floor would probably be stick...

Drew: Fine...but they used to at least wear the same color didn't they? Kembas are red/black, dyson white red, stanley black white edwards are blue...give me a break

Drew: Haha

Todd: Why are you so concerned with color? You're a racist

Meanwhile, Stanley's quote earlier in the week about Jeremy Hazell could not have more accurate, "He's a lot like Kobe, and he's nothing at all like Kobe." On it's face this statement sounds like another Stanley-ism. But he's right, Hazell is like Kobe because he is a gunner who will shoot a million times to make sure he gets his numbers. On the other hand, he isn't any kind of Kobe talent at all. At the half, Stanley 8pts on 4-6, Hazell 8pts on 3-11. Stanley Robinson is a beast...

No comments:

Post a Comment