Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ver-we In-tah-vesting

Just got home from dinner - Andre LaFleur and family were sitting a few table over for us...very odd seeing as UConn plays at 1:30 in Michigan tomorrow. Whats going on?

I will note, however, that one of LaFleur's son's has a birthday tonight, as I inferred from the singing and dancing Asian waitstaff. Unless the LaFleur's are one of those families who will do anything for a free piece of cake...

Anyway, assuming it was indeed his son's b-day it still doesn't seem like enough to miss the flight to Michigan. Let's see if anything happens in the next few days - hopefully it's just for recruiting purposes as he has done a great job of assuming the Karl Hobbs/Tom Moore mantle.

Needless to say, I was a bit worried to see him - let's hope this isn't a Clyde Vaughn situation. As Quatro texted me, "Is he with a hooker?" To which I responded, "Wrong asst coach."

I love me some Andre LaFleur - I used to hook him and his son up with golf when I worked at a local country club. Although, one time I hooked him up with three rounds and his buddy only had jeans on, so I leant him my rainpants in mid-summer and didn't get a single dollar for a tip. In fact, it cost me money because I had to get the baby powder smell (in his defense it was like 90 and sunny, that's a lot of sweating under there...) dry cleaned out of them. Terrible.

Oh well, hope all is well with Andre and UConn.

Coming soon...Ray Allen's text to my boss about me the other day and my story about spending a day with Ray - spoiler alert, He's the FUCKING MAN!

UPDATE - LaFleur was on the sideline for the UMich/UConn abortion of a basketball game Sunday afternoon. Guess he was able to celebrate his sons birthday and then catch a late flight out there, once again proving the UConn coaching staff is full of saints and family first guys who any high school recruit's parents should be thrilled to send their son off to...

No comments:

Post a Comment