Saturday, February 28, 2009

Craig Austrie disappoints me again

Via Mike Anthony, Hartford Courant

Austrie said yesterday that his he and his girlfriend of three years, Heather Coombs, will get married July 10, 2010. Coombs is a former basketball player at Southern Connecticut State University.

So let me get this right...Craig decided to spend his years as a starter (largely) at a national powerhouse with the same girl. From another school. For three years. That is the whitest thing I've ever heard. Even if Heather Coombs is a fox, and she played ball at SCSU - so she's most assuredly not, this saddens me. Seriously, if he hasn't had like one hundred affairs, I'm gonna be really disappointed. It's almost hard to root for him now. This is a disgrace to the "do you know who i am?" line that I've always longed to be able to use.

3/7.09 Note: apparently Heather Coombs is indeed a fox. I have seen some facebook pictures since originally posting this. Nice work by Craig, but i still think he should have been taking better advantage of being the starting point guard at UConn.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting Blog . . . Craig Austrie's girlfriend is beautiful.

    Here is the site I run if you want to check it out:

    http://www.hoopwriters.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Fudge Packer Tee-shirt. Packer always hated on UConn, but loved his ACC teams.

    ReplyDelete