Saturday, January 31, 2009

Charles no longer In Charge

By Mike Anthony - Hartford Courant
Sophomore center Charles Okwandu has been declared academically ineligible and will not the rest of the season. Okwandu will continue to practice with the Huskies but will not dress for games or travel with the team.

"I am grateful for the opportunity to continue to be a part of the team while I re-focus on my academics," Okwandu said in a statement. "I know with hard work and the support of my coaches and teammates that I will be successful in the classroom and be able to rejoin the team next season."

Said coach Jim Calhoun: "I know that this year has been a challenge for Charles, as it is for many college students. We are 100 percent supportive of Charles as he focuses on his primary goal of attaining a UConn education."

What a devestating blow to the program. How will we replace The Chuckwagon's 4.5MPG, 0.3PPG, and 1.1RPG? I mean he played 10 games this year...what a terrible loss. I have to fault the school on this one, if chuck's tutor can't do a better job forging assignments, he can't be allowed to tutor athletes anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment